SEO Trends 2019: Top 10 SEO Tips
SEO is a fluid and changing concept that constantly adapts to the business world as well as the Internet. In fact, SEO changes so rapidly that compiling this list of "SEO Trends 2019” proved difficult. SEO trends change daily, and so SEO tips that remain relevant are hard to find. The SEO advice below, however, has been carefully hand-picked as the best the Internet currently has to offer.
SEO Trends 2019: The best SEO Advice for Today’s Internet
- Content is still king. A real estate agent's mantra is "Location, location, location!" For the business owner with an online presence, however, the new SEO mantra is "Content, content, content!" Google's Panda and Penguin algorithm updates may have occurred several years ago, but they are still relevant. Quality content trumps any SEO tricks.
- It's not just about online marketing. Offline and online marketing are inseparable. If someone critiques your business offline, the criticism is sure to end up online as well. The opposite also is true. Make sure your offline and online marketing staff work together to create an integrated strategy.
- Your Google ranking is not yours. When your site reaches a high ranking on Google or another search engine, you may feel as if you own that spot. After all, you've certainly put effort into reaching that goal. Google is not a friend that gives you special treatment, however. You don't own your ranking, and it can be taken from you at any moment.
- Even the smallest changes can hurt your ranking. In the same vein, tiny changes can affect your search engine ranking, causing it to drop--or more hopefully, to rise. The little edits you make to your menu bar or title tag may seem insignificant, but they can have serious consequences.
- SEO is about people. Google and other search engines are constantly changing their search algorithms. On what basis do they do this, however? The answer is on the basis of search engine users. Who is clicking on what? How long do users spend on a particular page? To understand changes in SEO, you must understand individuals' changing habits on the Internet.
- Be careful when changing content management systems (CMS). While changing to a "better" CMS may seem to be an obvious choice for any business owner, it may be a mistake. Changing to a different CMS can hurt your site structure in a way that will cause your ranking to plummet.
- Mobile SEO is more than making your site fit on a smaller screen. Take advantage of the tools mobile SEO has to offer. Optimize for geo-targeted searches and make content easier to share.
- Focus on SEO earnings, not cost. It's easy to come across SEO firms that promise the cheapest rates. You need to consider what you are getting for your money, however. This is especially important when addressing the next of the SEO tips.
- SEO is everything. SEO isn't something you do once, and then put aside. SEO is a continuing battle.
- SEO is always changing. People's habits change. So do business practices. Therefore, it is only natural to expect that the Internet, and SEO in turn, will always be changing. Don't become complacent when you are content with your search engine rankings and website exposure. They can be lost in an instant.
It's difficult to put all of the best SEO tips in one article, but "SEO Trends 2019” is the best compilation of SEO advice you'll find today. Remember, SEO is always changing, usually in ways that you can't control. As they say in sports, the best defense is a good offense.
For more information on SEO trends and the top SEO tips for 2019, contact Quantm Media and speak with an SEO consultant.